Action Talent is a social enterprise recruitment agency established in 2019 by its parent charity Action West London. AWL has been a significant player in both the west London community and employment market for over 20 years. In that time, it has changed the lives of over 2000 disadvantaged adults and young people by supporting them into work and education. This has been achieved through local knowledge and an extensive network of both major organisations and SMEs in the boroughs of west London.
For some time now there has been demand within west London for a recruitment agency that can support businesses to diversify and localise their workforce. In the summer of 2018 AWL won funding from the City Bridge Trust to help make this recruitment agency a reality. This funding has allowed AWL to establish a social enterprise that will be fully operable and trading by the middle of 2019. The profits made by the social enterprise will be split between the charitable activities of AWL and reinvestment in the business.
- To improve social outcomes by finding quality jobs for the people of west London and linking employers more closely to the local community
- To promote social mobility by recruiting talented candidates from diverse and less advantaged backgrounds
- To further extend the work of Action West London by changing lives through employment, education and enterprise
- To advise and educate the businesses of west London on how and why to diversity their workforces
- To be the go-to source of jobs for graduates from the University of West London
- We help employers by finding them suitable and high-quality candidates who come from either a BAME background or a socially disadvantaged background
- We support our candidates by preparing them for work and offering them in work support should they need it in the first three months of their new job
- We focus on upskilling and helping people to realise their potential by pursuing high quality vacancies from reputable companies
- By using the services of Action Talent an employer can combine their recruitment outsourcing with enhancing their CSR at a highly competitive price
What is Social Enterprise?
- Social enterprises are businesses that are changing the world for the better. Like traditional businesses they aim to make a profit but it’s what they do with their profits that sets them apart – reinvesting or donating them to create positive social change. Social enterprises are in our communities and on our high streets – from coffee shops and cinemas, to pubs and leisure centres, banks and bus companies.
- By selling goods and services in the open market, social enterprises create employment and reinvest their profits back into their business or the local community. This allows them to tackle social problems, improve people’s life chances, provide training and employment opportunities for those furthest from the market, support communities and help the environment.
- Social enterprises exist in nearly every sector from consumer goods to healthcare, community energy to creative agencies, restaurants to facilities management. Well known examples include The Big Issue, Divine Chocolate and the Eden Project but there are over 100,000 social enterprises throughout the country contributing £60 billion to the economy and employing two million people.
- Action Talent is a very good example of what a social enterprise can be. We help people from underrepresented groups or disadvantaged backgrounds into quality work, we help business to improve their diversity and therefore PR and finally we reinvest the profits back into the project and into AWL charitable activities. There are no shareholders who take a dividend.